You've Got to Find the Humor

Thursday, November 6, 2008

So, work is CRAZY, I'm stressed out 100% of the time, and lucky me, today was my annual at my OB/GYN's office. Now here is where I just need to find humor in the situation...

My doctor is the same one who delivered Connor and is overall an amazing and compassionate woman. She travels to Africa to provide volunteer medical care and the people she meets there have a special place in her heart. You can tell from being in her office that these experiences have had a profound impact on her...there are necklaces for sale in the lobby, made by African women, with all money going to an AIDS charity, photos of her journey hung around the office, and so forth.

One photo, actually the positioning of it, I found HILARIOUS! So I'm sitting on the table in the exam room, looking around while I wait, and one of her Africa photos is on the wall across from the exam table, posted at eye level. I started to laugh...HYSTERICALLY!!!

The photo is composed of approximately 10 plus male teens, and it appears that they are all looking slightly downward at something. The angle of the photograph and its position on the wall directly across from the foot end of the exam table all combine to appear that you have a very captive audience during your exam.

0 comments: