Halloween...and what time is it REALLY?

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Argh! It's Cannonball Connor!


Mark and his little pirate.


Ready to trick-or-treat!

The really cool thing about living in the neighborhood you grew up in is to see your child take part in activities and traditions that you were involved in as a kid. We have an annual Halloween parade and Connor now participates, and I love that it starts in front of our home. Even better, seeing friends I grew up with in the neighborhood returning with their kiddos and joining in the fun. I saw so many friends from school, and they made the mistake of talking me into joining Facebook. I've been addicted since joining late Friday night. I digress...

Connor had a good Halloween. Here's how we've progressed:
2005: Dressed as a pumpkin, too little for candy
2006: Dressed as a shark, too little for candy
2007: Dressed as a shark again (he begged to), went trick-or-treating, more interested in looking into our neighbors' homes than in candy. Candy, what's candy? My mommy doesn't let me eat that.
2008: Dread Pirate Cannonball Connor. CANDY! OMG Mom, you go to peoples' homes and THEY JUST GIVE YOU CANDY!!!
Now, what to do with all of this crap? So much for the weight I've been losing...already screwed that up with some Reese's. My MAJOR annoyance with Friday night was that our gym was still continuing with swim lessons- no refunds and no make-ups. What kind of idiots expect kids ages 2-9 are going to show up for a swim lesson on Halloween night??? Swindlers!
And I know the time change is only an hour, but I am completely thrown off and headed to bed.

0 comments: