From the Mouths of Babes

Wednesday, October 29, 2008


Last night Connor helped make goody boxes for some family friends, in preparation for Halloween. He was bummed that there was not one for him and I said that I'm sure he'd receive some candy and treats for Halloween. Here's where "creative parenting" comes in...I was tired of listeng to him whine about it AND I remembered that "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" would be on TV last night, so I said..."Maybe the Great Pumpkin will bring you some treats."

That was probably a big mistake. I met a girlfriend for a drink last night, so I did not do bathtime/bedtime with Connor. This morning, Connor woke me up with:

"MAMA! MAMA! THE EASTER PUMPKIN DID NOT COME LAST NIGHT! THE EASTER PUMPKIN DIDN'T COME!"

It's first thing in the morning, I'm still in bed, just waking up to the panic that the Easter Pumpkin didn't come. Reminds me of a girlfriend who fell asleep and forgot that the Tooth Fairy was supposed to visit her daughter's room that night- try explaining that one! So, in recovery mode, I asked Connor, "Did you put out your treat carton, with the pumpkins?" and he responded, "No."

"Ok, well that must be the problem Connor. I think if you put your treat carton out with the pumpkins tonight, the Great Pumpkin might come by with some treats."

Note to self- this just started a new tradition in the house.

1 comments:

katie said...

LOVE IT!! We are doing the shelf elf this year. Heard of it? We are toooo excited because she can be very naughty and very cute at the same time. Her famous line when she fibs is "oh, my nose is growing" and doesn't care that she just lied to someone. ugh!