List of 33

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My 33rd birthday was this past Sunday and I recently came across some readings related to goal setting; did you know some crazy folks are striving to accomplish 1001 goals by 01/01/10? Hmmm, sounds good, but I don't even have the time to think about 1001 things, let alone make a list. Then I got to thinking, what about 330 items for my 33rd birthday? Mark brought me back down to reality and said "why not start with 33 things to accomplish in the next year?" Yes, good plan...glad I married a man with common sense. Here's the list of 33 personal goals, to be accomplished by 8/17/09, in random order. Drumroll please...

1. Clean/organize the house...yes, the WHOLE house
2. Pack up Connor's baby clothes/items
3. Finalize a will
4. Readjust my stock/401 k- COMPLETED 8/20
5. Finish scrapbooking through Connor's 3rd year (think I stopped at 9 months)
6. Lose weight
7. Make appt. with trainer at the Y, to make #6 a possibility
8. Clean out the garage
9. Paint the dining room
10. Hire someone to paint the alcove over the hall, and the upstairs hall
11. Take Connor back to NJ/NYC
12. Save a greater % of income
13. Reduce debt
14. Get my taxes/receipts in order early vs. the last minute panic
15. Finish novel
16. Quiet/devotional time each day
17. Grow grass in the backyard
18. New deck
19. New windows
20. Find a spot for a garden next spring (our lot is so shady)
21. Remodel Connor's bathroom
22. Volunteer
23. Keep up with snail mail and birthday cards
24. Use video camera more
25. Learn to tranfer videos from mini-DVDs to ones that actually play
26. Get digital voice recorder for Connor
27. Learn how to store the audio files from #26
28. Learn how to use my MP3 (yes, I know, pathetic)
29. Get a hammock and install on #18
30. Get the chimney cleaned before winter
31. Continue with Italian studies (I've been a slacker)
32. Walk Dax more...aiming for daily, but the dog is a freak!
33. Floss

In looking back over this list, it's quite serious and boring. Perhaps I'll author a list for my advenurous side too...stay tuned.

0 comments: