No Fear

Saturday, September 20, 2008


"What would you do if you weren't afraid?"

A good friend from work recently asked me this in relation to my career and it did give me pause. I don't consider myself fearful at all, but when posed that question I could see how I may be adventurous and daring in my personal life, and more timid at work. It's really quite the dichotomy and very unlike me, and since I'm not sure how/why it started, I am becoming more focused on driving forward deliberately in my career, without fear, especially fear of the unknown.

Connor is a wonderful teacher when it comes to fear; he has none. At a recent Halloween event, Connor wanted to find the scariest creatures and ask for a photograph with them...



He took two hours one recent Saturday to run around, explore, and get lost in a 5 acre corn maze...


Connor said yes to his first sleepover...


And yes to riding the log flume...over and over and over again...

Yes to hand-feeding lorikeets...

Meeting Duke...


So I ask you, what would you do if you weren't afraid?

0 comments: